Infoplaza is looking for a highly motivated Meteorologist to join our team in The Netherlands. As meteorologist you will be working as part of our team of experienced forecasters, who provide meteorological services for worldwide Business-to-Business clients on both land and sea.
What does a Meteorologist at Infoplaza do?
The emphasis for this position will initially be on weather forecasts for the maritime market, with possible expansion to customers in other markets on land. So, you will start by issuing and advising on maritime forecasts for drilling platforms and ships for instance, switching smoothly from locations in the North Sea to the other side of the world in the same day. Later on, you could potentially also be involved in weather forecasting for our B2B land customers working in for instance the rail, outdoor events, construction and agricultural sectors.
As we deliver forecasts to customers worldwide, our team of meteorologists operate 24/7 all year round. From the office in Houten you will work in either morning or evening shifts assigned according to a roster, that is assembled well in advance in consultation, making it easy to combine work and private life.
- Ability to write detailed weather forecasts and provide appropriate background information.
- Monitor and analyse new weather data as it becomes available and determine whether a change in weather forecasts is warranted.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from colleagues and clients.
- Collaborate effectively with an international team of meteorologists worldwide.
What you need to bring
- You have a degree in meteorology, atmospheric sciences or another related field. Or, you can proof without doubt you have acquired a high level of meteorological knowledge in a different way.
- Preferably experience with maritime weather and wave forecasts.
- Able to work well both independently and within a team.
- Good communication skills in English, both oral and written, and highly preferably also in Dutch.
- Willing to work rotating shifts 24/7, including weekends and holidays, as required.
- Living in The Netherlands, with valid work permit (EU citizens preferred).
What we do
Infoplaza is providing weather forecasting services for consumers through web and apps, with brands such as Weerplaza and Buienalarm, and in the B2B market for numerous companies and government agencies worldwide on both land, for instance for the construction, agriculture and transport sectors, as at sea (under the name Infoplaza Marine Weather) for the Offshore Oil & Gas, Shipping, Coastal engineering and Renewables industries.
Infoplaza is a fast-growing company with the head office in The Netherlands, centrally located in the middle of the country. We now have more than 65 colleagues working at our head office and our branch in Kazakhstan, including 7 different nationalities.
Do we match?
Then send in your CV and motivation letter to hr@Infoplaza.nl or if you have questions about the job, you can contact Michiel Severin, Forecast Manager, at +31 (0)85– 2103008. Applicants are encouraged to apply asap. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
We do not respond to resumes from third party recruiters or consulting firms.
Vacancy ref. IP19-110