Infoplaza is looking for a highly motivated Meteorologist, on a part-time basis, to join our team in The Netherlands as soon as possible. As meteorologist you will be working as part of our team of experienced forecasters, who provide meteorological services for worldwide Business-to-Business clients on both land and sea. The profession of meteorologist at Infoplaza is therefore very versatile. One day you are discussing with ProRail about measures that concern rail transport, the other day you will switch to maritime forecasts for drilling platforms and ships, which are located around the globe.
As we deliver forecasts to customers worldwide, our team of meteorologists operate 24/7 all year round. You will work in either morning or evening shifts assigned according to a roster, that is assembled well in advance in consultation, making it easy to combine work and private life.
We are preferably looking for flexible workers (freelance/ ZZP) for approx. 16-32 hrs. per week.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Ability to write detailed weather forecasts, to either B-2-B land or sea clients, and provide appropriate background information.
- Monitor and analyse new weather data as it becomes available, and determine whether a change in weather forecasts is warranted.
- Ability to effectively present information in English and respond to questions from colleagues and clients.
- Collaborate effectively with an international team of meteorologists worldwide.
- Willing to work rotating shifts 24/7, including weekends and holidays, as required.
Required skills and experience
- You have a degree in meteorology, atmospheric sciences, or other directly related field. Or, you can proof without doubt you have acquired a high level of meteorological knowledge in a different way. Preferably experience with maritime weather and wave forecasts.
- Able to work well both independently and within a team environment.
- Good communication skills in English, both oral and written, and preferably also in Dutch.
- Living in The Netherlands, with valid work permit.
Infoplaza is providing weather forecasting services in the B2B market for numerous companies and government agencies worldwide on both Land, for instance for the construction, agriculture and transport sectors, as at Sea for the Offshore Oil & Gas, Shipping, Coastal engineering and Renewables industries. Infoplaza also offers a range of sophisticated consumer services relating to weather, traffic and public transport, which are designed to help people make easier day-to-day decisions. Such as Weerplaza, Buienalarm, Verkeerplaza en OVplaza. We work with an international team of meteorologists based in several locations worldwide, including a branch in Kazakhstan. This position will be based in our head office in Houten, The Netherlands.
Are you interested to be part of our forecasting team?
Then send in your CV and motivation letter to HR@INFOPLAZA.NL
If you have questions you can contact Michiel Severin at +31 (0)85– 2103008. Applicants are encouraged to apply a.s.a.p., but before 31 January 2019.
Vacature ref. IP19-102